Monday, July 28, 2014

Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps

I was on the Harley pretty much all weekend so tonight I am catching up on my lunch prepping for the week. Thinking about what I have in the fridge that needed to be used up and what was in the cupboards/freezer that could go with what needed to be used up, I came up with...
Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps! One pound or so of lean 93% ground beef. Add chopped onion while meat cooks if you like. Drain any fat from the meat when it is cooked through. Now! Normally I use my own spice mixes and marinades but I love to try new stuff, too. I found Guy Fieri's Korean BBQ Wing Sauce at Wally World the other day. Reading the label, it is pretty reasonable as far as ingredients, salt and sugar content, etc. So let's give this a try, shall we? I stirred in about 1/3 of the jar and added a little extra chopped fresh ginger. Simmer until the meat and sauce are warmed through. Serve on a whole lettuce leaf with shredded carrots and cabbage. For a final little bit of zing, drizzle on just a little bit of Annie Chung's Korean Sweet and Spicy. Be careful with this, though, as the salt and sugar can add up quickly using both the Guy Fieri sauce AND the Annie Chung sauce. Be sure to load up with the cabbage and carrots to help counteract the salt and sugar. Super simple! By all means, make your own cooking sauce if you have the time and inclination.

No comments:

Post a Comment